Monday, May 2, 2016

Experience with IOM Manila Health Center

After 3 years of being away with each other, We are now decided to process my application prior to  my coming to Canada. To start of we prepare all our needed requirements including our pictures and conversations from the start of our relationships. Its a kind of stressful though but it is worth of happiness after accomplishing everything.
One of my requirement is to have my e-medical certificate to go through to our whole application process. Citizenship and Immigration Canada provide a list  of  Panel of Physician. Since  I am new to all of this process I have to search online if what is the best place to have my medical. I decided to go to IOM Manila Health Center15th Floor, Units A&B Trafalgar Plaza,105 H.V. Dela Costa Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City, 1227

I will share with you everything you must do and everything you must not do before during and after the medical examination.

NOTE: That only a Panel of Physician authorized by Citizenship and Immigration Canada can do the Medical Examination

 

Make an appointment with IOM  

You have to make an appointment by calling them or by email. Since I'm in Iloilo I made an early appointment just to make sure I can get the schedule for the day I will be in Manila. I send my e-mail to IOM on January 24, 2016 they send me a confirmation  for my scheduled appointment January 25 with requirements needed for medical examination    
  • Landline numbers:  +(63 2) 883-9333/ +(63 2) 511-8770
  • Smart mobile: +(63 2) 0919 993 4667 
  • Globe mobile: 0917 593 4688
  • Fax number: +(63 2) 883-9377
  • E-mail address: mhc.can@iom.int 
Before you go to IOM please bring with you all the documents needed
  •  Request letter from Immigration Canada (CIC) that requires the client to undergo medical exam
  •  Valid and original passport
  •  2 Government issued I.D. 
  •  NSO Birth Certificate
  •  1 photocopy of each requirements
  •  5 recent passport size photos
  •  pertinent medical report if applicable
NOTE: If you will go with the upfront medical examination, the first requirement is not needed anymore

        FEES:
              Php 7,500 - for 15 years old and above
              Php 3,500 - for 11 to 14 years old
              Php 2,500 - for 0 - 10 years old
                
Tip: Please bring extra cash with you because sometimes they will ask for additional test. Mine I paid another 400 for creatinine, this happen when your Blood Pressure is high. Thanks God! it turns back to normal  when the Doctor check it again.. but feel so sorry coz I paid it already.. so relax and feel comfortable...
                    
NOTE: Please print a copy of confirmation that IOM send you and bring it with you on your schedule of medical..

 Here is why..
 
At the Day of Medical
  
Hubby and I go to IOM Manila Health Center early in the morning at 6:30 am just to make sure we can get a priority number so that we will finish early. The guard can't find my name on the list  because the staff  who received my e-mail forgot to put my name on the list. I'm glad that I printout a copy of my confirmation so I handed it to  him , the guard instructed us to go inside the clinic and wait. Since the clinic will open at 8:00am we go down for a while to have our breakfast. When we're back at the clinic the guard gave me my priority number ...its already number 70.. very upset! but the lady next to me says its OK your still close because the number for Canada start at 60 already.
There are two reception area once you get inside the clinic on the left side right next to the door is for UK and on the right side opposite to the entrance is for CANADA 

Finally my number was called in the reception area I handed all my documents. Please bring pen with you because you have to sign a couple of documents and finally they took picture for their data files.


Note: No fasting is required and no specimen sample to be bought

Medical Procedure based on my experience ( you just have to wait because they will call your name)
  1. X-ray
  2. Urinalysis ( urine sample)
  3. Blood extraction, checking of vision, height, weight, and a few questions about medical history 
  4. Physical Examination by the Doctor( checking of eyes, ears,throat,tongue, stomach, and checking of chest using stethoscope
 Medical Examination Done.... What's Next?
  
The whole procedure finished at around 11:30am. I went back to the reception area, and the person assigned said that my x-ray was OK then he gave me a piece of paper with numbers to call if I want to follow up my medical result after 7 days. He then informed me that the result will be forwarded directly to the embassy within 21 days if there is no problem with the examination result.


So far so good... The staff are very nice, my experience with IOM is fine...
I don't have any problem with them...Good luck Everyone..Feel free to ask...


No comments:

Post a Comment